Friday, May 8, 2015

Birding La Salle Pond and Baldpate Mountain

    On April 26th, 2015, my mom and I went over to La Salle Pond where two Virginia Rails had been reported.  When we got there, we quickly heard them, but we knew that it would be very hard to see them.  We circled the pond to try to pin down their location by their call and hopefully see one run through the reeds.  After a while of listening to one very close, we finally saw movement.  Then, after watching it quickly move through the reeds, it finally stopped for a second.  I tried my best to manage a picture through the reeds hoping to get a decent shot.
Virginia Rail
 
 
 
     A few days after on May 1st, 2015, I went over to Baldpate Mountain for a quick look for migrants.  After seeing many Black-and-White Warblers and Common Yellowthroats, I saw one very cooperative Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  He was sitting on one very close branch singing away.
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Rose-breasted Grosbeak Singing

Rose-breasted Grosbeak



No comments:

Post a Comment